Aug 05, 2020 / by Katharine
Nowra Toastmasters is running a speechcraft course and it is perfect for business people.
What will you learn?
1. Control Nerves
2. Construct a speech
3. Learn voice projection and vocal variety.
4. Learn how gestures help your presentation and body language.
5. Practice in a friendly and supportive setting.
6, Grow confidence in presenting.
Who is it for?
1. New speakers with no experience and anyone wanting to brush up their skills
2. Business people wanting to enhance their client pitches or team presentations.
3. Students wanting to practice presenting their work/research etc.
4. Allied health or other professionals wanting to practice presenting a conference or workshop.
5. Anyone needed to practice speaking in a social setting such as networking.
When is it on?
Intro Night - Thurs 27 Ausgust 6.30pm - 7.30pm on zoom.
6 weeks of Public Speaking Training
3 September - 8 October 2020 (Thursday Night)
Face to Face - each week we will work through a workbook and have short speeches to present.
If Covid 19 causes a shut down we will transfer the course to zoom.
23 West Cambewarra Rd North Nowra.
$100 (before 6 August)
$140 (due 26 August)
What does this cover?
Workbooks and manuals
Tea, coffee and supper for 6 weeks.
Feedback from experienced speakers.
Fun and making new friends.
To be prepared to write short speeches and present them each week and be involved in impromtu sessions of speaking "of the cuff"
Commit to 6 weeks and a certificate of attainment will be given for your CV and a letter to your employer.
What if I can't make these dates and I want to work on my public speaking?
No problem. Come to a Toastmasters Meeting. We will help you as a beginner or where ever you are with your speaking skills.
We meet every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at UOW Shoalhaven Campus Mundamia.
Sign Up Now
Email Vice President Kim Taylor or text her and let her know you want to join us.
[email protected] 0418401424
Only 10 spots available in the course and we have just started advertising so get in early.